Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"New" Old Clothes ...

Today I wore a pair of khakis that I haven't put on in over a year!!!  I can't tell you how exciting it was to put them on!  The scale this morning says that I'm down 24 lbs - which is basically half-way to the first goal I set for myself.  I'm giving myself another 2 months to get the rest of the way ... I know that the weight will not fall off this quickly all the time, but it is still super exciting!  So ... by my calculations, by Christmas I am going to be 50 lbs lighter!!  I may actually be excited to see myself in Christmas pictures this year!!! yay!!  One of my co-workers today told me that I have a new glow about me.  I don't guess I necessarily thought anything about it - but I am feeling a bit happier these days.  I literally feel like those 24 lbs have been lifted from my shoulders and not just from my waist, face, legs, etc.  

One more day of liquid only and then I'm going to enjoy a teeny tiny bowl of broccoli cheese soup - don't worry, I'm going to make it myself and it's going to be low-fat and low-carb and low-cal!!  But it's going to taste really good ... it HAS to be more exciting than the baby food peaches and chicken soup broth that have been my diet for the past 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment